Shenzhen Shi, Guangdong, China
Operations, Finance & Strategy
Begin by thinking Avenues New York, Avenues São Paulo, Avenues Shenzhen, Avenues Silicon Valley, Avenues Online. Avenues is a single global school with multiple interconnected campuses. It is not a collection of schools all pursuing different educational strategies, but rather one highly integrated learning community, connected and supported by a common vision, a shared education design and curriculum, world-class technology and a talented headquarters team in New York City. Avenues prepares students for engaged global citizenship in the twenty-first century, with an approach that combines language immersion, interdisciplinary teaching, a global curriculum, and a culture of creativity and deep collaboration.
Position: School Nurse
Reports to: Director of Operations
The School Nurse at Avenues: The World School provides care for children in grades nursery through twelve, as part of a team including two other nurses.
The successful candidate will bring proven abilities to contribute in the following areas:
- Provide direct health services to students and staff,including:
- promoting a healthy school environment by monitoring immunizations and ensuring appropriate exclusion for infectious illnesses
- acting as advocate and consultant on health-related issues
- Provide nursing care and physical screening to students; assess students and implement first aid measures for students as needed.
- Contribute to the the school health program through communication and collaboration with school staff, parents, students and community resources, to ensure all faculty have relevant information on the student body.
- Report appropriate health records and communicable diseases as required by law
- Communicateclearly and proactively with parents and staff on student illnesses
- Ensure that all students’ health records and immunizations are maintained in accordance with school policy.
- Communicate with non-compliant parents.
- Contribute to the development of school health policies, including around crisis response, health office organization, training for faculty and staff, and other areas as needed
- Monitorthe student body with diabetes and liaise with appropriate stake -holders
- Collaboratewith faculty around field trips, to include preparation of first aid bags and preparing health alerts
Candidates should have most, if not all, of the following:
- Registered professional nurse, licensed to practice
- Bachelor of science degree with three years relevant professional experience
- Experience as a school, pediatric and/or public health nurse referred
- CPR and AED certification
- Knowledge of school health programs such as immunization and other requirements
- Understanding of pediatric growth and development, allergies, and reproductive and behavioral health
- Understanding of health curriculum and instruction for children from toddler (2-year-olds) through grade 12
- Proficiency in computer operation, including office software, online research and database operation
- Proficiency in English a plus
Apply through this https://www.avenues.org/careers/. Be sure to include a letter of application, in English, in which you thoughtfully explain why you believe that this role at Avenues Shenzhen would be an excellent match for your experience, skills and passions. If you have any questions, please email Chinacareers@avenues.org .
Avenues offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package. Avenues is committed to diversity among our staff, and applicants of diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.