Shenzhen Shi, Guangdong, China
Primary Division (Shenzhen)
Position: Teaching Fellow (1 Year Program), Chinese, Early Childhood (grades T-K, ages 2-5)
Location: Shenzhen, China
Start Date: Aug 2020
We are hiring full time Teaching Fellow for School Year 2019-2020.
WHY TEACH AT AVENUES?
A top-tier school, already operating in New York and Sao Paulo and offering a trulyglobal education, will open in Shenzhen in August 2019 and expand to more leading global cities in coming years. Teaching and learning through language immersion and challenging interdisciplinary projects. A culture of creativity, entrepreneurship and deep collaboration. State-of-the-art technology. Brilliant colleagues, with diverse experience, creating a unique educational experience together. Unparalleled opportunities for learning and career growth. There is no place quite like Avenues.
DEEP COLLABORATION, CONSTANT EVOLUTION
Collaboration here isn't a buzzword: it's woven into everything wedo. Teacher teams collaborate to nurture their students' social, emotional and academic growth. Teachers share responsibility for curriculum and plan together daily. This intense collaboration is exciting: we're always evolving, learning from each other and seeking to improve.
Avenues students will graduate fluent in a second languageand at ease beyond their borders. To this end, children in Avenues Shenzhen alternate between learning in English and in Mandarin Chinese.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Support academic activities in the classroom or outside classroom
- Support all students’ maturation and development, targeting support to address individual needs
- Build a warm, supportive, respectful learning atmosphere
- Collaborate intensively and daily with colleagues to continually improve student learning and culture
- Inspire trust and confidence among parents and families
- Participate actively in ongoing, intensive professional learning
- Step in and back up any teaching activities when needed
- Teach highly engaging, play-based curriculum that guides meaningful, rich learning for young children
WHAT YOU BRING
- Student teaching or equivalent experience with children ages 2-7
- Deep dedication to learning and developing the craft of teaching
- Highly effective collaborator, eager to listen deeply, contribute to a team and achieve goals together
- Very resourceful and adaptive, eager to embrace constant change, growth and learning
- Bachelor’s degree; graduate degree in early childhood education or related field preferred
- Professional fluency in English or Mandarin Chinese; if Chinese fluent, proficient in English
WHAT YOU’LL RECEIVE
- One year development and unique experiences in Avenues
- Opportunity to be Avenues Associate Teacher next year when we have new teacher positions open
- The thrill of a start-up, in an organization with a proven track record of results
- Frequent feedback and top-notch, job-embedded professional learning
- The chance to impact education by demonstrating what's possible
- Competitive compensation and greater rewards for growing your impact
- A beautiful and uplifting school environment
Apply through this https://www.avenues.org/careers/. Be sure to include a letter of application, in English, in which you thoughtfully explain why you believe that this role at Avenues Shenzhen would be an excellent match for your experience, skills and passions. If you have any questions, please email Chinacareers@avenues.org.