São Paulo, São Paulo, Brazil
People and Culture
People and Culture Coordinator
Avenues São Paulo
Start: February/March 2020
Begin by thinking Avenues New York, Avenues São Paulo, Avenues Shenzhen, Avenues Silicon Valley, Avenues London. Think of Avenues as one international school with multiple interconnected campuses. It will not be a collection of different schools all pursuing different educational strategies, but rather one highly integrated learning community, connected and supported by a common vision, a shared education design and curriculum, world-class technology and a talented headquarters team in New York City.
Avenues is seeking a People & Culture Coordinator to join our team. In the Avenues mission, we are committed to being "a special place to pursue the science and art of teaching...and where careers, in and out of the classroom, can flourish." This role will design, implement and iterate on thoughtful, human-centered systems and practices to support Avenues to hire extraordinary people, build great teams, keep our people happy and engaged, and support their careers to flourish. The role reports to the director of people and culture for Avenues São Paulo and joins the global people and culture team across Avenues: The World School.
The People & Culture Coordinator's responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Own all systems, data and processes needed for a 4-member People & Culture team to effectively support around 300 teachers, leaders and staff at Avenues São Paulo
- Design and implement smart, values-aligned solutions to people and culture challenges, in service of creating an exceptional environment for all colleagues
- Play a key role in recruiting new talent, partnering with hiring teams to keep our hiring activities efficient and effective
- Spearhead onboarding programs to welcome new team members to Avenues (and often to São Paulo) and engage them in our culture, managing vendors as needed to support
- Manage projects involving multiple stakeholders across a variety of people topics
- Support and thought partner with leaders around management skills, communications, and career development for employees
- Own people analytics, ensuring that we have the data we need and use it wisely
- Be the "supreme guru" for using Workday software for human capital management, ensuring it's configured just right and delivering results
- 4-8 years of professional experience, with strong understanding of modern people practices in people-centric, high-talent organizations
- Ability to get complex work done through relationships, persuasion and influence
- A keen analytical, problem-solving approach, including in ambiguous situations that require figuring out new solutions rather than taking pre-determined paths to success
- Track record of creating and managing effective systems to support high-quality people practices in areas such as recruiting, onboarding, and/or performance management
- Thrives in collaborative environment
- Sense of deep personal responsibility for the organization's success
- Passion for education; experience working in schools a major plus
- High fluency in both English and Portuguese
To learn more and apply, visit http://www.avenues.org/en/careers/. Be sure to include a very thoughtful cover letter with your application.
Avenues offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package. Avenues is committed to diversity among our staff, and applicants of diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
Encontre seu futuro na Avenues: faça parte de uma equipe que está redefinindo a educação ao redor do mundo.
Explore as mais recentes descobertas sobre educação global nos nossos câmpus em três continentes.
Veja nosso diretório de contatos, incluindo o escritório central da Avenues e nossos câmpus globais.
Voltar ao topo