São Paulo, São Paulo, Brazil
Secondary Division (São Paulo)
Position: Mathematics Teacher
Location: São Paulo, SP, Brazil
Start: January or July 2020
WHY TEACH AT AVENUES?
Avenues is a World School offering a truly global education. We started in New York City six years ago, opened in São Paulo in August 2018, in Shenzhen China in 2019, and will be expanding to other of the world’s leading cities in the years ahead. We believe in teaching and learning through language immersion in English and challenging interdisciplinary projects. We create a culture of creativity, and deep collaboration, and utilize state-of-the-art technology throughout. We hire brilliant colleagues, with widely diverse experience, and together we create a unique educational experience. We provide unparalleled possibilities for professional learning and development prospects around the globe. There is no place quite like Avenues.
DEEP COLLABORATION, CONSTANT EVOLUTION
Collaboration here isn't a buzzword: it's woven into everything we do. At Avenues, no one teaches on an island. Substantial time to collaborate is embedded into the schedule. Teacher teams, across multiple disciplines, design learning experiences together for a whole grade level. This intensity of collaboration is challenging as well as exciting: we're always evolving, learning from each other and seeking to improve.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
Avenues uses a problem-based mathematics pedagogy and curriculum, developed at Philips Exeter Academy. Math in grades 8-12 is taught through the Harkness method, in which students present their solutions, continually reflect on mistakes and master mathematical concepts through working out problems together. Teachers facilitate discourse in class to guide students to deeper understanding of the mathematics. You will also:
- Ensure that students achieve key learning outcomes, targeting instruction to address individual needs
- Build a learning atmosphere that leads students to feel part of a rigorous but joyful learning community
- Collaborate intensively with colleagues to continually deepen student learning
- Inspire trust and confidence among parents and families
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
Math teachers at Avenues bring all or most of the following:
- A remarkable entrepreneurial drive, creativity and ability to bring new ideas to fruition
- Intellectual curiosity and humility, to reflect, welcome feedback, and continually grow in teaching practice
- Strong content knowledge: at minimum, a bachelor's degree or equivalent study in mathematics
- Pedagogy that engages all students in interesting, meaningful and challenging work
- A strong sense of personal responsibility for the success of every student
- Some past teaching experience preferred, with strong evidence of student learning
- Recent mathematics graduates interested in pursuing teaching are strongly encouraged to apply
First, read about Avenues: The World School and our distinctive approach, and consider whether our mission and approach would be a good fit for you: www.avenues.org/sp.
Apply through the Careers section of our website at http://www.avenues.org/en/careers/. Be sure to include a letter of application, in English, in which you thoughtfully explain why you believe that this role at Avenues São Paulo would be an excellent match for your experience, skills and passions.
Avenues offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package. Avenues is committed to diversity among our staff, and applicants of diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
Encontre seu futuro na Avenues: faça parte de uma equipe que está redefinindo a educação ao redor do mundo.
Explore as mais recentes descobertas sobre educação global nos nossos câmpus em três continentes.
Veja nosso diretório de contatos, incluindo o escritório central da Avenues e nossos câmpus globais.
Voltar ao topo