São Paulo, São Paulo, Brazil
Secondary Division (São Paulo)
Position: English Teacher - Secondary Division
Location: São Paulo, SP, Brazil
Start: July 2020
WHY TEACH AT AVENUES?
Avenues is a top-tier school in New York City, offering a truly global education. We have opened in São Paulo in August 2018 and will be expanding to other of the world’s leading cities in the next decades. Teaching and learning through language immersion in English and challenging interdisciplinary projects. A culture of creativity, entrepreneurship and deep collaboration. State-of-the-art technology throughout. Brilliant colleagues, with widely diverse experience, creating a unique educational experience together. Unparalleled possibilities for professional learning and development prospects around the globe. There is no place quite like Avenues.
DEEP COLLABORATION, CONSTANT EVOLUTION
Collaboration here isn't a buzzword: it's woven into everything we do. At Avenues, no one teaches on an island. Substantial time to collaborate is embedded into the schedule. Teacher teams, across multiple disciplines, design learning experiences together for a whole grade level. This intensity of collaboration is challenging as well as exciting: we're always evolving, learning from each other and seeking to improve.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
English classes in the secondary division are interdisciplinary. History topics are closely interwoven with literature studied in English, growing in depth and complexity, with extensive collaboration with other disciplines including science, art, and the world course. Classes are discussion-based, promoting inquiry, exploration, and presentation. We expect students to write well and frequently, and engage in independent project work. You will also:
- Ensure that students achieve key learning outcomes, targeting instruction to address individual needs
- Build a learning atmosphere that leads students to feel part of a rigorous but joyful learning community
- Collaborate intensively with colleagues to design interdisciplinary projects and continually deepen student learning
- Inspire trust and confidence among parents and families
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
English teachers at Avenues bring all or most of the following:
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- Native fluency in English, with experience teaching literature and literacy to native English speakers and a strong track record of student learning and growth.
- A strong sense of personal responsibility for the success of every student
- A strong ability to develop students into passionate, curious and skillful readers and writer
- Pedagogy that engages all students in interesting, meaningful and challenging work, particularly a reading and writing workshop approach
- Experience teaching English, with clear evidence of student learning and growth
- A remarkable entrepreneurial drive, creativity and ability to bring new ideas to fruition
- Intellectual curiosity and humility, to reflect on and continually grow in teaching practice
Please read first about Avenues: The World School and our distinctive approach, and consider whether our mission and approach would be a good fit for you: www.avenues.org/sp.
Apply through the Careers section of our website at http://www.avenues.org/en/careers/. Be sure to include a letter of application, in English, in which you thoughtfully explain why you believe that this role at Avenues São Paulo would be an excellent match for your experience, skills and passions.
We regret that for this position we cannot consider applications from candidates who are non-native English speakers or teachers of English as a second language.
Avenues offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package. Avenues is committed to diversity among our staff, and applicants of diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
Encontre seu futuro na Avenues: faça parte de uma equipe que está redefinindo a educação ao redor do mundo.
Explore as mais recentes descobertas sobre educação global nos nossos câmpus em três continentes.
Voltar ao topo