Shenzhen Shi, Guangdong, China
Primary Division (Shenzhen)
Position: Associate Division Head, Early Childhood (Grades T-K, ages 2-5)
Location: Shenzhen, China
Start Date: July 2021
WHY LEAD AT AVENUES?
A top-tier school, already operating in New York and Sao Paulo and offering a trulyglobal education, will open in Shenzhen in August 2019 and expand to more leading global cities in coming years. Teaching and learning through language immersion and challenging interdisciplinary projects. A culture of creativity, entrepreneurship and deep collaboration. State-of-the-art technology. Brilliant colleagues, with diverse experience, creating a unique educational experience together. Unparalleled opportunities for learning and career growth. There is no place quite like Avenues.
Avenues: The World School seeks an Associate Division Head to our new Shenzhen campus, which will open in August 2019 with early childhood grades. Avenues students will graduate fluent in a second languageand at ease beyond their borders. To this end, children in Avenues Shenzhen alternate between learning in English and in Mandarin Chinese. The Associate Division Head, as part of a dynamic leadership team, ensures that Avenues is an extraordinarily engaging place to work, a laboratory of deeper learning for all, and a thriving community.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
As Associate Division Head, you will:
- Drive deep student learning and holistic development, by guiding teachers to develop play-based, experiential curriculum, engage all students, and address individual student needs
- Build a thriving culture of commitment to excellence,
collaboration, and constant learningamong colleagues, students and families
- Be an inspiring role model to students and faculty,nurturing positive relationships and providing support and care for all students
- Lead a team of talented faculty to accomplish great things with their students, and coach teachers to continually improve by giving regular, useful feedback
- Be an exemplary lead learner,always reflecting, growing and seeking to improve
- Enthusiastically take on the innumerable responsibilities and challenges that come with creating a top-tier school from the ground up
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
You bring all or most of the following:
- Superb ability as a teacher, and a deep understanding of constructivist early childhood education
- Leadership experience, with a proven track record of success leading teams of educators
- Skill at coaching teachers to continually grow in teaching practice and accomplish ambitious goals
- Appreciation for the unique value and challenge of language immersion education
- A keen analytical, problem-solving approach, including in ambiguous situations that require figuring out new solutions rather than taking pre-determined paths to success
- Ability to lead effectively through relationships, trust, persuasion and influence
- Keen intellectual curiosity and mindset of continuous learning and growth
- Sense of deep personal responsibility for the success of teachers and students
- Skillful at working across lines of difference in a multi-cultural school
Apply through this https://www.avenues.org/careers/. Be sure to include a letter of application, in English, in which you thoughtfully explain why you believe that this role at Avenues Shenzhen would be an excellent match for your experience, skills and passions. If you have any questions, please email Chinacareers@avenues.org.
Avenues offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package. Avenues is committed to diversity among our staff, and applicants of diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
Encontre seu futuro na Avenues: faça parte de uma equipe que está redefinindo a educação ao redor do mundo.
Explore as mais recentes descobertas sobre educação global nos nossos câmpus em três continentes.
Veja nosso diretório de contatos, incluindo o escritório central da Avenues e nossos câmpus globais.
Voltar ao topo