São Paulo, Brazil
Secondary Division (São Paulo)
Learning Support Educator
São Paulo - SP
Begin by thinking Avenues New York, Avenues São Paulo, Avenues Shenzhen, Avenues Silicon Valley, Avenues London. Think of Avenues as one international school with multiple interconnected campuses. It will not be a collection of different schools all pursuing different educational strategies, but rather one highly integrated learning community, connected and supported by a common vision, a shared education design and curriculum, world-class technology and a talented headquarters team in New York City.
Avenues prepares students for engaged global citizenship in the twenty-first century, with an approach that combines language immersion, interdisciplinary teaching, a global curriculum, and a culture of creativity and deep collaboration.
Avenues: The World Schoolseeks a support interventionist teacher. to join the São Paulo campus, to open in August 2018. You will be responsible for ensuring that all students' under your care are effectively supported so that they can thrive at Avenues. You will work closely with a talented student success team that includes reading specialists, second language support teachers, occupational therapists, as well as with the broader teaching and learning team, teachers and division leaders.
to join the São Paulo campus, to open in August 2018. You will be responsible for ensuring that all students' under your care are effectively supported so that they can thrive at Avenues. You will work closely with a talented student success team that includes reading specialists, second language support teachers, occupational therapists, as well as with the broader teaching and learning team, teachers and division leaders.
As a member of Student Success Team, you will:
- Provide a safe, stimulating and supportive learning environment for all students to thrive and feel known and cared for;
- Drive student success across all grades, by helping to develop individualized learning plans for students who need them, to support each student to learn through meaningful, engaging work and to contribute to creating strategies for supporting specific needs that are identified as being common to a larger group of students;
- Maintain anecdotal records that yield useful data for teachers, SST team, parents and outside resources to support students;
- Meet with and assess individual students, confer with parents and refer to outside professionals when necessary;
- Follow up with outside professionalsand coordinate support for students with the SST team, teachers and deans;
- Work with teachers and deans to develop a student support protocol;
- Be an effective communicatorusing data and objective measures when talking to faculty and parents;
- Be an exemplary learner,always reflecting, growing and seeking to improve.
- Be a supportive and collaborative team member
You bring all or most of the following:
- A successful track record as a learning resource specialist with more than 5 years of experience;
- Deep understanding of cognitive development from pre-adolescents to young adults;
- Expertise in applying current assessments specific to your field that will best assess our students and that allow for clear referrals;
- Keen intellectual curiosity and a mindset of continuous learning and growth;
- Sense of deep personal responsibility for the success of students and teachers;
- Knowledge of bilingual education is a plus.
- Knowledge of STEM or Math support is a plus
Please read first about Avenues: The World School and our distinctive approach, and consider whether our mission and approach would be a good fit for you: www.avenues.org/sp.
Apply through the Careers section of our website at http://www.avenues.org/en/careers/. Be sure to include both your resume and a letter of application, in English, in which you thoughtfully explain why you believe that this role at Avenues São Paulo would be an excellent match for your experience, skills and passions.
Avenues offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package. Avenues is committed to diversity among our staff, and applicants of diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
Encontre seu futuro na Avenues: faça parte de uma equipe que está redefinindo a educação ao redor do mundo.
Explore as mais recentes descobertas sobre educação global nos nossos câmpus em três continentes.
Veja nosso diretório de contatos, incluindo o escritório central da Avenues e nossos câmpus globais.
Voltar ao topo