Shenzhen Shi, Guangdong, China
Primary Division (Shenzhen)
Position: Lead Teacher, Chinese, Early Childhood (grades T-K, ages 2-5)
Location: Shenzhen, China
Start Date: ASAP
WHY TEACH AT AVENUES?
A top-tier school, already operating in New York and Sao Paulo and offering a truly global education, will open in Shenzhen in August 2019 and expand to more leading global cities in coming years. Teaching and learning through language immersion and challenging interdisciplinary projects. A culture of creativity, entrepreneurship and deep collaboration. State-of-the-art technology. Brilliant colleagues, with diverse experience, creating a unique educational experience together. Unparalleled opportunities for learning and career growth. There is no place quite like Avenues.
DEEP COLLABORATION, CONSTANT EVOLUTION
Collaboration here isn't a buzzword: it's woven into everything we do. Teacher teams collaborate to nurture their students' social, emotional and academic growth. Teachers share responsibility for curriculum and plan together daily. This intense collaboration is exciting: we're always evolving, learning from each other and seeking to improve.
Avenues students will graduate fluent in a second language and at ease beyond their borders. To this end, children in Avenues Shenzhen alternate between learning in English and in Mandarin Chinese.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Develop and teach highly engaging, play-based curriculum that guides meaningful, rich learning
- Support all students’ maturation and development, targeting support to address individual needs
- Build a warm, supportive, respectful learning atmosphere
- Collaborate intensively and daily with colleagues to continually improve student learning and school culture
- Inspire trust and confidence among parents and families
- Participate actively in ongoing, intensive professional learning
WHAT YOU BRING
- At least 3 years of early childhood teaching experience with a proven track record of student learning
- Highly effective collaborator, eager to listen deeply, contribute to a team and achieve goals together
- Deep dedication to learning and developing as an educator
- Very resourceful and adaptive, eager to embrace constant change, growth and learning
- Professional fluency in English or Mandarin Chinese; if Chinese fluent, proficient in English
- Bachelor’s degree; graduate degree in early childhood education or related field is ideal
WHAT YOU’LL RECEIVE
- Being in on the ground floor of building a new school like no other!
- Frequent feedback and top-notch professional learning
- Unparalleled career growth opportunities, like a well-defined career pathway and chances to teach abroad
- A beautiful and uplifting school environment
- The chance to impact education by demonstrating what's possible
- Competitive compensation and greater rewards for growing your impact
Apply through the Careers section of the Avenues Shenzhen website, https://shenzhen.avenues.org. Be sure to include a letter of application, in English, in which you thoughtfully explain why you believe that this role at Avenues Shenzhen would be an excellent match for your experience, skills and passions.
Encontre seu futuro na Avenues: faça parte de uma equipe que está redefinindo a educação ao redor do mundo.
Explore as mais recentes descobertas sobre educação global nos nossos câmpus em três continentes.
Veja nosso diretório de contatos, incluindo o escritório central da Avenues e nossos câmpus globais.
Voltar ao topo