We are excited by your interest in Avenues. Simply follow the steps below to complete the application process.
Applicants for 2nd grade and above are required to take the appropriate language proficiency test as part of the application process. To enroll, students must demonstrate a minimum grade-level English fluency as measured by a language proficiency test and as determined by the admissions team. Qualified students without the necessary English proficiency may be considered for acceptance, contingent upon their gaining appropriate English fluency prior to enrollment.
Once enrolled, English Language Support (ELS) will be available for all grade levels to support students whose first language is not English. Portuguese Language Support (PLS) will also be in place for students who are non-Portuguese speakers.
If you have already submitted an application, please click here to submit required documents.
Apply 5-10 SP
- Interested parents should plan to attend an information event. During the admissions cycle, spaces at information events will be limited to parents of children who are eligible for one of the grades that will open in August 2018. Spaces can be reserved for an event through our Events Calendar.
- Avenues utilizes a secure online application system for families to create and submit their application.
- As Avenues expects significant demand for its limited number of places, parents are encouraged to submit a child’s application as early as possible. An application must be submitted before a parent conversation can be scheduled.
- Once you submit the application, the admissions office will send you information to schedule your parent conversation and student assessment. Please note that these appointments will take place on separate dates.
- Parent Conversation: A conversation is designed to allow you to learn more about Avenues and to answer questions specific to your child.
- Student Conversation: On the same day as the parent conversation, students are interviewed on a one-on-one basis with an admissions associate.
- At Avenues, we consider parents as partners in the education of our students. Share anything that you feel will help us better understand your family and your child.
- Students should select one essay question to answer. Students should not worry about writing what they think the admission committee wants to read. This is a chance to give the committee a sense of who they are. Parents and guardians should encourage their child to be themselves.
- Once you submit the application, the admissions office will send you information on admissions testing.
- The transcript release form is available once you submit an application. The form should be submitted online directly to your current school.
- All teacher recommendation forms are available once you submit an application. The form should be submitted online directly to your current teachers.
- All applicants must submit an English and math teacher recommendation.
- Please encourage your teachers to submit the forms electronically.
- Applicants are required to submit a copy of a graded writing sample completed during the current school year.
- The admissions office will send frequent email communications regarding the status of your application.