Thank you for your interest in Avenues New York. If you have not already, please begin by submitting an application here.
Please Note: Applicants to immersion grades 2 through 4 must demonstrate grade-level proficiency in either Spanish or Chinese. Children will be assessed one-on-one in English and in either Spanish or Chinese.
Avenues New York is pleased to offer rolling admissions to candidates applying for Grades 1 through 4. Rolling admissions invites families to apply at any time during the year and receive a decision from the admissions committee once all parts of the application process are completed.
Once offered admission, the non-refundable enrollment deposit is required two weeks after the acceptance date, followed by full tuition paid in the spring, in two installments.
We look forward to working with you and your family. Following are the next steps to complete your application:
1. Schedule Your School Visit: You will receive an email shortly with instructions on how to schedule your school visit. This is an opportunity for you to learn more about Avenues and discuss any questions you may have.
2. Student Assessment: The admissions team will reach out to you to schedule your child’s assessment. The student assessment will include math, reading and writing (English). Students applying to grades 2 through 4 will also be assessed in Chinese or Spanish (based on the immersion choice of the family).
3. Complete Your Parent Statement: At Avenues, we consider parents as partners in the education of our students. Share anything that you feel will help us better understand your family and your child.
4. Request Required Documents: You can request all admissions requirements to be sent to our admissions office online using the form below.
5. Register for Admissions Testing: Students applying for grades 2 through 4 are tested using the ISEE Primary (Independent School Entrance Exam). This test is administered at the ERB office in Manhattan. Please enter the Avenues school code 333666 so that the test results will be sent directly to us.
REGISTER FOR THE ISEE PRIMARY School Code: 333666
These events provide a vivid overview of our school, our mission and our vision.
Our viewbook provides a comprehensive summary of an Avenues education.
A Program for 2-Year-Olds