Rolling Admissions Process
Avenues New York is pleased to offer rolling admissions to candidates applying for Grades 1 through 4. Rolling admissions invites families to apply at any time during the year and receive a decision from the admissions committee once all parts of the application process are completed.
Once offered admission, the non-refundable enrollment deposit is required two weeks after the acceptance date, followed by full tuition paid in the spring, in two installments.
Please note: Prospective students applying to grades two through four must already have attained proficiency in either Chinese or Spanish. Children will be assessed one-on-one in English and in either Spanish or Chinese.
If you have already submitted an application, please click here to request the required documents.
- We offer a variety of events designed to meet the needs of prospective families.
- Introductory Events are held in the evening from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. These events provide an overview of our school, our mission and our vision as well as a vivid insight into our teachers, students and classrooms.
- Parent Coffees are held in the morning. These events allow parents to engage in discussions with divisional leaders in a smaller group setting.
REGISTER FOR AN EVENT
- To begin your online application and submit all required documents, simply click on the Apply button below.
- Remember to indicate your immersion language preference: Chinese or Spanish.
- Families applying for grades 2 through 4 must submit results of the Early Childhood Admissions Assessment (ECAA) administered by ERB.
REGISTER FOR THE ECAA
- Once you submit the application, the admissions office will send you information to schedule your parent conversation and student assessment.
- Parent Conversation: The conversation is designed to allow you to learn more about Avenues and to answer questions specific to your child.
- Student Assessment: The student assessment will include math, reading and writing (English). Students applying to grades 2 through 4 will also be assessed in Chinese or Spanish (based on the immersion choice of the family).
- The request form may be submitted online directly to the current teacher or school director. To complete the form, please click here.
- Only official reports submitted directly from the school to the Avenues admissions office will be accepted.
- Avenues also accepts the ISAAGNY School Report.
- The transcript release form may be submitted online directly to the current school. To complete the form, please click here.
- The admissions office will send frequent email communications regarding the status of your application.