Rolling Admissions Process
Avenues New York is pleased to offer rolling admissions to candidates applying for Grades 1 through 4. Rolling admissions invites families to apply at any time during the year and receive a decision from the admissions committee once all parts of the application process are completed.
Once offered admission, the non-refundable enrollment deposit is required two weeks after the acceptance date, followed by full tuition paid in the spring, in two installments.
Please note: Prospective students applying to grades two through four must already have attained proficiency in either Chinese or Spanish. Children will be assessed one-on-one in English and in either Spanish or Chinese.
If you have already submitted an application, please click here to request the required documents.
- We offer a variety of events designed to meet the needs of prospective families.
- Introductory Events are held in the evening from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. These events provide an overview of our school, our mission and our vision as well as a vivid insight into our teachers, students and classrooms.
- Parent Coffees are held in the morning. These events allow parents to engage in discussions with divisional leaders in a smaller group setting.
REGISTER FOR AN EVENT
- To begin your online application and submit all required documents, simply click on the Apply button below.
- Remember to indicate your immersion language preference: Chinese or Spanish.
- Students applying for grades 2 through 4 are tested using the ISEE Primary (Independent School Entrance Exam). This test is administered at the ERB office in Manhattan. Please enter the Avenues school code 333666 so that the test results will be sent directly to us.
REGISTER FOR THE ISEE PRIMARY
- Once you submit the application, the admissions office will send you information to schedule your parent conversation and student assessment.
- Parent Conversation: The conversation is designed to allow you to learn more about Avenues and to answer questions specific to your child.
- Student Assessment: The student assessment will include math, reading and writing (English). Students applying to grades 2 through 4 will also be assessed in Chinese or Spanish (based on the immersion choice of the family).
- The request form may be submitted online directly to the current teacher or school director. To complete the form, please click here.
- Only official reports submitted directly from the school to the Avenues admissions office will be accepted.
- Avenues also accepts the ISAAGNY School Report.
- The transcript release form may be submitted online directly to the current school. To complete the form, please click here.
- The admissions office will send frequent email communications regarding the status of your application.