São Paulo, Brazil
Secondary Division (São Paulo)
Position: Science Lab Intern, Grades 6-10
Location: São Paulo, SP, Brazil
WHY TEACH AT AVENUES?
A top-tier school in New York City, offering a truly global education, opened in São Paulo in August 2018 and expanding to other global cities in coming years. Teaching and learning through language immersion in English and challenging interdisciplinary projects. A culture of creativity, entrepreneurship and deep collaboration. State-of-the-art technology throughout. Brilliant colleagues, with widely diverse experience, creating a unique educational experience together. Unparalleled possibilities for professional learning and development prospects around the globe. There is no place quite like Avenues.
DEEP COLLABORATION, CONSTANT EVOLUTION
Collaboration here is not a buzzword: it's woven into everything we do. At Avenues, no one teaches on an island. Substantial time to collaborate is embedded into the schedule. Teacher teams, across multiple disciplines, design learning experiences together for a whole grade level. This intensity of collaboration is challenging as well as exciting: we are always evolving, learning from each other and seeking to improve.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
The Avenues Internship Program (A.I.P) is a two-year on-site educator preparation program that offers early career educators the opportunity to gain hands-on experience in a learning environment. Interns collaborate closely with teachers in all aspects of lessons and beyond. We are currently seeking two interns to work specifically with Primary and Secondary divisions science labs.
In addition to their work at science labs, interns will participate in weekly faculty meetings where they explore issues essential to learning and projects that use lab resources and spaces. These meetings also offer interns the opportunity to share and reflect upon their experiences, thereby gaining new perspectives on educating and education. In this role, an intern will:
- Support all classes taught in the science labs from planning to group activities
- Coordinate the supply and care of lab materials, requesting purchases as needed and ensuring they are properly maintained
- Collaborate with teachers when using lab resources and spaces, for both classes and projects (science fairs, Mastery projects,etc.)
- Provide technical support in handling materials (safety procedures, cleaning, etc.)
- Support other disciplines as needed for lab project work
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- A desire to learn best practices in interdisciplinary education through teaching in science labs and planning lab experiences
- Deep dedication to learning and developing the craft of teaching and by providing learning experiences in lab environments
- Superb ability to collaborate with colleagues to achieve goals
- Currently studying toward a teaching degree (licenciatura) in one of the following areas: chemistry, biology, or physics
Please apply through the Careers section of the Avenues website (http://www.avenues.org/en/careers).
Avenues offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package. Avenues is committed to diversity among our staff, and applicants of diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
Find out more
Find your future at Avenues: join the growing team that’s redefining K-12 education around the world.
back to top