São Paulo, São Paulo, Brazil
Primary Division (São Paulo)
Position: Music Intern - Avenues Internship Program
Location: São Paulo
Start date: Oct/19
WHY TEACH AT AVENUES?
A top-tier school in New York City, offering a truly global education, opened in São Paulo in August 2018 and will be expanding to other global cities in coming years. Teaching and learning through language immersion in English and challenging interdisciplinary projects. A culture of creativity, entrepreneurship and deep collaboration. State-of-the-art technology throughout. Brilliant colleagues, with widely diverse experience, creating a unique educational experience together. Unparalleled possibilities for professional learning and development prospects around the globe. There is no place quite like Avenues.
DEEP COLLABORATION, CONSTANT EVOLUTION
Collaboration here isn't a buzzword: it's woven into everything we do. At Avenues, no one teaches on an island. Substantial time to collaborate is embedded into the schedule. Teacher teams, across multiple disciplines, design learning experiences together for a whole grade level. This intensity of collaboration is challenging as well as exciting: we're always evolving, learning from each other and seeking to improve.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
The Avenues Internship Program (A.I.P) is a two-year on-site teacher preparation program that offers early career educators the opportunity to gain hands-on experience in a Primary Division language immersion setting. Interns collaborate closely with grade-level colleagues in all aspects of classroom life and beyond. In addition to their classroom work, interns will participate in weekly faculty meetings where they explore issues essential to primary education and discuss how these issues are playing out in our classrooms. These meetings also offer interns the opportunity to share and reflect upon their experiences, thereby gaining new perspective. In your role, you will:
- Support Music classes and teachers to develop and teach engaging, creative music curriculum and lessons, aligned with Avenues expectations and approach
- Support the day-to-day functioning of the music class and school
- Collaborate closely with a team of teachers responsible for classes of students
- Participate actively in ongoing professional learning
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- Desire to learn music education, especially in early childhood and elementary settings, teaching foundations and best practices in an immersion setting
- Deep dedication to learning and developing the craft of music teaching
- Superb ability to collaborate with colleagues to achieve goals
- Currently studying toward a music degree in a Brazilian university
Apply through the Careers section of the Avenues website (http://www.avenues.org/en/careers).
Avenues offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package. Avenues is committed to diversity among our staff, and applicants of diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
Find out more
Find your future at Avenues: join the growing team that’s redefining K-12 education around the world.
back to top