Shenzhen Shi, Guangdong, China
Primary Division (Shenzhen)
Position: Immersion Coach (Chinese Literacy) , Early Childhood, Primary Division (grades T-K, ages 2-6)
Location: Shenzhen, China
Start Date: July 2020
WHY TEACH AT AVENUES?
A top-tier school, already operating in New York and Sao Paulo and offering a trulyglobal education, opened in Shenzhen in August 2019 and will expand to more leading global cities in coming years. Teaching and learning through language immersion and challenging interdisciplinary projects. A culture of creativity, entrepreneurship and deep collaboration. State-of-the-art technology. Brilliant colleagues, with diverse experience, creating a unique educational experience together. Unparalleled opportunities for learning and career growth. There is no place quite like Avenues.
DEEP COLLABORATION, CONSTANT EVOLUTION
Collaboration here isn't a buzzword: it's woven into everything wedo. Teacher teams collaborate to nurture their students' social, emotional and academic growth. Teachers share responsibility for curriculum and plan together daily. This intense collaboration is exciting: we're always evolving, learning from each other and seeking to improve.
Avenues students will graduate fluent in a second language and at ease beyond their borders. To this end, children in Avenues Shenzhen alternate between learning in English and in Mandarin Chinese.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Writes, designs and adapts Chinese literacy curriculum in order to engage all learners in meaningful real world problem solving that requires critical thinking skills. Ensures consistent delivery of curriculum and high quality instruction throughout each grade. Work closely with the English literacy coach to ensure vertical alignment of curriculum through the grades.
- Provides Professional Development during grade level meetings, after school workshops, and teacher PD weeks to ensure thorough understanding of curriculum, best teaching practices, and the use of developmentally appropriate strategies that account for different learning styles.
- Coaches teachers inside and outside the classroom and provides ongoing feedback to ensure teacher growth.
- Understands the role of assessment to inform instruction and monitor student growth. Ensures that the majority of students are on track to mastering key essential learning outcomes for grade level. For students who are not on track or having difficulties meeting benchmarks, works closely with students’ teachers to create learning plans accordingly.
- Vigorously upholds a culture of welcome, safety and respect for all members of the community.
- Cares about and connects deeply with faculty, knows each one as an individual.
- Provides teachers with resources for parents and runs parent information sessions
WHAT YOU BRING
7+ years teaching experience, 3+ years curriculum design and teacher training experience.
- Strong language instruction content knowledge in Mandarin and international literacy curriculum.
- Passion for literacy and proven expertise developing deep literacy understanding in all students.
- Highly effective collaborator, eager to listen deeply, contribute to a team and achieve goals together
- Very resourceful and adaptive, eager to embrace constant change, growth and learning
- Native fluent Mandarin and proficient in English
- Bachelor’s degree; relevant graduate degree highly preferred
WHAT YOU RECEIVE
- Unparalleled career growth opportunities, like a well-defined career pathway and chances to teach abroad
- The thrill of a start-up, in an organization with a proven track record of results
- Frequent feedback and top-notch, job-embedded professional learning
- The chance to impact education by demonstrating what's possible
- Competitive compensation and greater rewards for growing your impact
- A beautiful and uplifting school environment
Apply through this https://www.avenues.org/careers/. Be sure to include a letter of application, in English, in which you thoughtfully explain why you believe that this role at Avenues Shenzhen would be an excellent match for your experience, skills and passions. If you have any questions, please email Chinacareers@avenues.org.
Find out more
Find your future at Avenues: join the growing team that’s redefining K-12 education around the world.
Explore timely insights into global education from our campuses on three continents.
View our directory of contacts, including Avenues’ headquarters and our global campuses.
back to top