New York, New York, United States
Operations Manager of Extended Learning
New York, New York
Think of Avenues as one independent school with campuses that are interdependent and intentionally connected. It will not be a collection of different schools all pursuing different educational strategies, but rather one highly integrated learning community, connected and supported by a common mission, a shared education design and curriculum, world-class technology and a talented headquarters team in New York City.
Avenues New York opened in 2012 and currently serves 1,650 students in grades Nursery – 12. Our second campus, in São Paulo, opened in August 2018, and Avenues Shenzhen opened in 2019. Avenues prepares students for engaged global citizenship in the modern world, with an approach that combines language immersion, interdisciplinary teaching, a global curriculum, and a culture of creativity and deep collaboration.
Avenues is seeking an Operations Manager of Extended Learning to join us on the New York Campus. The Operations Manager will develop and execute operational processes that will enable flawless operational support in Avenue’s exceptional extended learning programs and experiences. She/he will be a primary partner to the Director of Extended Learning and will work collaboratively with many other New York campus leaders.
The Operations Manager of Extended Learning’s responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Develop and execute the operational playbook
- In partnership with the director of extended learning, write and deliver the extended learning operational playbook
- Build the tools, training, and processes to deliver exceptional service in the following operational areas
- Safety and risk management
- Enrollment and attendance
- DOE and DOH compliance
- Facilities/space utilization
- Contract management and support
- Lead the implementation of technology systems that will simplify and improve the efficiency of extended learning workflows
- Collaborate with the director of extended learning, director of our global systems team to research, vet and implement a new suite of technology tools and process
- Financial stewardship
- Support the financial planning and management of a P&L
- Identify solutions to improve the overall quality and efficiency of program services
- Ensure payroll is done accurately and on time
- Support purchasing of goods and services
- Track record of executing the highest quality operations in a school, school system or other educational organization. Candidates should have 5+ years of significant people, process and systems experience.
- Experience managing a variety of business functions in support of a school or program, i.e. at least some of finances, payroll, enrollment, marketing, facilities, attendance, safety, and security.
- Tech-savvy; experienced implementing tech tools and systems to improve the experience of stakeholders
- Sense of deep personal responsibility for the organization's success; passion for education; experience in schools, district, charter, international and/or private schools is a major plus.
- Rolls up sleeves to get the job done and gets the right work done even amidst ambiguity; can move fast while juggling a lot
- Insanely organized in systems and personal organization; strong project manager
- Ability to lead effectively through relationships, persuasion, and influence
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Thrives in a collaborative environment
- Strong proficiency in Excel. Knowledge of and experience in using data management systems such as Campbrain and Veracross is ideal
To learn more and apply, visit the Careers section of the Avenues website (http://www.avenues.org/en/careers/).
Avenues offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package. Avenues is committed to diversity among our staff, and applicants of diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
Find out more
Find your future at Avenues: join the growing team that’s redefining K-12 education around the world.
back to top