Director of Operations
Begin by thinking Avenues New York, Avenues São Paulo, Avenues Beijing, Avenues London, Avenues Doha. Think of Avenues as one international school with multiple interconnected campuses. It will not be a collection of schools all pursuing different educational strategies, but rather one highly integrated learning community, connected and supported by a common vision, a shared education design and curriculum, world-class technology and a talented headquarters team in New York City. Avenues prepares students for engaged global citizenship in the twenty-first century, with an approach that combines language immersion, interdisciplinary teaching, a global curriculum, and a culture of creativity and deep collaboration.
The newest campus of Avenues: The World School, and its first in China, Avenues Shenzhen opened in Fall 2019. It offers a unique early childhood program for students from 2 to 6 years old, with plans to expand to serve students through 12th grade in coming years. Suffused with natural light, surrounded by greenery and seamlessly integrating educational technology, the campus is an urban oasis where architecture inspires learning and curiosity. Avenues Shenzhen is led by a growing, world-class team of passionate and experienced educators, including faculty and administrators from Avenues New York. The curriculum features language immersion, learning through play and interdisciplinary study in a state-of-the-art early childhood facility.
The Director of Operations ensures that all operational aspects of Avenues Shenzhen function smoothly and efficiently. S/he nurtures an operations culture that is relentlessly focused on high quality service and continually improving the experience of teachers and families. This role ensures that everything just works well.
- Build and nurture an operations culture that is relentlessly focused on high quality service and improving the experience of teachers and families
Ensure smoothly functioning school operations
- Ensure the campus is fully operational at the beginning of the school year and that all needs are met throughout the school year
- As more divisions are added, ensure they all start with operational systems that exceed the expectations of parents and colleagues
- Delight division heads and their teams with the quality of operations service they receive
- Make certain that the campus is at all times compliant with all relevant regulations
- Create a culture where all members of the campus team are actively managing risk
Indirectly manage the operations team
- Ensure that operations team embedded in each division have the right guidance, tools and skills to deliver high quality operations services
- Partnering closely with division heads, maintain a high-performing, engaged operations team
Manage central operations
- Manage student health office, ensuring satisfied parents and compliance with relevant regulations
- Deliver top-notch campus-wide services in facility management, transportation and food service
- With Director of Operations and Administration, refine a playbook for running an Avenues campus
- 8+ years of professional experience, with 3+ in operations; teaching experience strongly preferred
- A keen analytical, problem-solving approach, including in ambiguous situations that require figuring out new solutions rather than taking pre-determined paths to success
- Ability to lead effectively through relationships, persuasion and influence
- Track record of both developing strategies to meet goals and executing effectively on that strategy; great planner with excellent follow through
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Professional proficiency in English and Mandarin
- Track record of building effective teams and managing them to results
- Thrives in collaborative environment
- Rolls up sleeves to get the job done and gets the right work done even amidst ambiguity
- Sense of deep personal responsibility for the organization's success
- Passion for education; experience in high quality schools is a major plus
To learn more and apply, visit the Careers section of the Avenues website: http://www.avenues.org/careers.
Avenues offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package. Avenues is committed to diversity among our staff, and applicants of diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
Find out more
Find your future at Avenues: join the growing team that’s redefining K-12 education around the world.
back to top