San Jose, California, United States
People and Culture
Avenues Silicon Valley
Begin by thinking of Avenues New York, Avenues São Paulo, Avenues Shenzhen, Avenues Silicon Valley, Avenues Online, Avenues London. Avenues is one school with many campuses, providing transformative, world-focused learning experiences to students around the globe. Avenues prepares students for engaged global citizenship during a time of unprecedented complexity and accelerating change, combining a global curriculum based on language immersion and interdisciplinary learning with a culture of creativity and deep collaboration.
Avenues Silicon Valley
Avenues Silicon Valley plans to open in fall 2021 in San Jose, serving students from preschool through 9th grade. As the newest campus of Avenues: The World School, Avenues Silicon Valley will be the first global school in the Bay Area, providing students with transformative, world-focused learning experiences in a state-of-the-art educational facility. From early childhood through 5th grade, students enroll in either Spanish or Mandarin language immersion, and across all grade levels, learning is project- and inquiry-based, with an emphasis on interdisciplinary study. As at every Avenues campus, students are challenged to take ownership of their learning from a young age and to develop the critical and creative thinking skills necessary to understand and solve global-scale problems.
Avenues: The World School is excited to announce the opportunity for a mission-driven and strategic talent acquisition leader to join us as Recruitment Manager for Avenues Silicon Valley, scheduled to open its doors in 2021. The Recruitment Manager, in partnership with the founding senior leadership team of Avenues Silicon Valley and our global people and culture team, ensures that Avenues Silicon Valley opens with an exceptionally talented, mission-aligned and diverse team of faculty and staff.
What Will You Do?
- Own end-to-end the success of recruitment in support of Avenues Silicon Valley's launch
- Be a highly collaborative talent partner to campus leadership and the global people and culture team, and help refine and inform Avenues' global recruiting tools and practices
- Shape and drive an effective, creative sourcing strategy, well aligned to Avenues' distinctive approach, that builds a diverse pool of outstanding candidates
- Assess candidates with speed and deep discernment at all stages of interviewing
- Facilitate a seamless recruitment process, leaving candidates inspired and engaged until they start, and ensuring that our team is always organized and on track
- Passionately promote Avenues SV as a very desirable employer among innovative, collaborative educators and professionals who share our global vision
- Work to embed a recruiting culture into the DNA of Avenues Silicon Valley
Who Are You?
You're a skilled talent acquisition pro who's passionate about education and innovation. You thrive in a dynamic, highly collaborative start-up environment. And you bring:
- Expertise in talent acquisition, ideally in growing, entrepreneurial organizations
- Record of shaping and driving creative strategies for attracting top-notch talent
- Deep influencing, partnering and collaboration skills with hiring leaders
- Very strong relationship building skills and emotional intelligence
- A keen analytical, problem-solving approach and ability to operate in ambiguity
- Intellectual curiosity and mindset of continuous learning and growth
- Sense of deep personal responsibility for the organization's success
- Skill at managing multiple work streams, competing priorities and timelines
Apply through the Careers section of the Avenues website, www.avenues.org. Please include a thoughtful cover letter in your application.
Avenues offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package. Avenues is committed to diversity among our staff, and applicants of diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
Find out more
Find your future at Avenues: join the growing team that’s redefining K-12 education around the world.
back to top