San Jose, California | Technology
Position: IT Support Specialist
Location: San Jose, CA
Start Date: July 1, 2022
Begin by thinking of Avenues New York, Avenues São Paulo, Avenues Shenzhen, Avenues Silicon Valley, Avenues Online, Avenues London. Avenues is one school with many campuses, providing transformative, world-focused learning experiences to students around the globe. Avenues prepares students for engaged global citizenship during a time of unprecedented complexity and accelerating change, combining a global curriculum based on language immersion and interdisciplinary learning with a culture of creativity and deep collaboration.
Avenues Silicon Valley
Prior to our full nursery through high school campus opening in 2023, Avenues will open its doors to students in the upper division at our Silicon Valley campus in San Jose for the 2022 academic year, serving students from 6th through 9th grade. As the newest campus of Avenues: The World School, Avenues Silicon Valley will be the first location in the Bay Area, providing students with transformative, world-focused learning experiences in a state-of-the-art educational facility.
The IT Support Specialist is responsible for the implementation and support of technology infrastructure including hardware, software, and office/classroom systems. The IT Support Specialist must effectively diagnose issues and correct problems as well as provide the primary help desk support to end users with exceptional customer service. In addition, this role will be responsible for the development and coordination of defined technical projects within their assigned expertise.
The Information Technology team is comprised of outstanding professionals at the intersection of education and technology. We employ highly talented technical staff, technology integrators and librarians to provide students, faculty and families with high-quality technical support, information literacy, and leadership. With the advantages of modern technology and global team, we share a common goal to support the Avenues vision to eventually bring together 35,000 students and 3,000+ faculty members through a number of traditional and virtual modalities.
What Will You Do?
The successful candidate will bring proven abilities to contribute in the following ways:
- Diagnose and resolve issues related to technical difficulties with hardware, software and network, including telecom, conferencing and AV systems
- Maintain, monitor and troubleshoot workstations and other IT equipment
- Track, prioritize and document requests using an IT support request system. Perform support actions and follow up solution with the customer
- Develop and maintain technical documentation of hardware, software and systems
- Conduct research on computer products in support of procurement and development efforts. Evaluate and recommend hardware products for purchase
- Recommend, schedule, and perform equipment and system improvements, upgrades and repairs
- Assist in developing long-term strategies and capacity planning for meeting future technology needs
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of hardware, software and network contracts and supervise contract-based installations
- When necessary, work with third-party support and equipment vendors
- Assist with onboarding procedures
- Perform other duties or special projects as assigned
- Classroom technology maintenance/support
- Apple Suite
- Google Suite
- Cloud-based services
- Audio Visual Equipment
- Printer maintenance
- VoIP telecommunication equipment
- Systems account management
Candidates should have most, if not all, of the following:
- BA or BS degree or equivalent experience
- Apple Technical Certification is required: Mac OS Service and Mac OS Troubleshooting
- 3-5 years in similar role
- Familiarity and/or willing to learn – VoIP telecommunications
- Energized by Avenues’ mission and opportunity for impact in education
- Ability to communicate and work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to manage and ensure the completion of multiple tasks and projects simultaneously. This will include maintaining appropriate priorities as needed
- Burning intellectual curiosity and mindset of continuous learning and growth
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong initiative, and aptitude to make recommendations to management to enhance current environment as needed
What We Offer
- Unparalleled career growth opportunities across multiple campuses around the world, including a well-defined career pathway
- The thrill of a start-up and a green field to build things from scratch, all within an organization with global resources and supports, and a proven track record of results
- Frequent feedback, ongoing coaching and top-notch, job-embedded professional learning
- Competitive rewards package, wellness resources, relocation support (as needed), and other benefits to best support you and keep you healthy and happy
- A beautiful, uplifting, student-centric school environment
- A chance to change the world of education as part of a global community spanning three continents
Apply through the Careers section of the Avenues website, www.avenues.org. Please include a thoughtful cover letter in your application.
DIVERSITY, INCLUSION AND SAFEGUARDING
Avenues is deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion throughout our organization. We strive to uphold a culture in which every colleague feels that they belong, are trusted, and are valued. We welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds, and strongly encourage candidates from traditionally underrepresented communities or groups to apply. Avenues offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package.
Avenues upholds the highest standards for safeguarding the physical and emotional wellbeing of children. As an essential aspect of this commitment, all offers are contingent upon successful completion of careful reference and background checks.