Position: Community Engagement Intern
Location: São Paulo, SP, Brazil
Start: October 2019
Avenues: The World School seeks a Community Engagement Intern to join the team! The purpose of the area is to maintain strong external relationships and ensure that Avenues engages responsibly in the community, in line with our mission. The team is also committed to ensure that community perspectives inform our efforts to build a more diverse and inclusive school community.
WHO ARE WE?
Avenues is top-tier school from New York City, offering a truly global education. It opened in São Paulo in August 2018 and is expanding to other global cities in coming years. We prepare students for engaged global citizenship in the twenty-first century, with an approach that combines language immersion, interdisciplinary teaching, a global curriculum, and a culture of creativity and deep collaboration.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
As a Community Engagement intern, you will:
- Support the execution of projects in the local community around Avenues São Paulo's campus in Morumbi as well as other student’s social innovation projects by supporting with coordinating visits, logistics, goals, alignments and relationship building.
- Project management all the current and future partnerships of the area by following up with key members of different project teams, documenting important materials and adding to the projects with your own ideas and experience.
- Engage with students taking an elective course on the field, help the Director of the area to plan and facilitate lessons, being a mentor for students and supporting them in the development of their own projects.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
Candidates should have most, if not all, of the following:
- Passion for social impact and community engagement
- Ability to build relationships between diverse community stakeholders, particularly across lines of difference in a Brazilian context (parents, students, teachers and partner organizations and groups).
- Ability to operate and achieve ambitious goals in contexts of ambiguity, change and growth, being self-directed, organized and working with a lot of autonomy.
- Keen intellectual curiosity, creative and mindset of continuous learning and growth
- Fluency in Portuguese and English
Please read first about Avenues: The World School and our distinctive approach, and consider whether our mission and approach would be a good fit for you: www.avenues.org/sp.
Apply through the Careers section of our website at http://www.avenues.org/en/careers/. Be sure to include a letter of application, in English, in which you thoughtfully explain why you believe that this role at Avenues São Paulo would be an excellent match for your experience, skills and passions.
Avenues offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package. Avenues is committed to diversity among our staff, and applicants of diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
Find out more
Find your future at Avenues: join the growing team that’s redefining K-12 education around the world.
back to top