We are excited by your interest in Avenues. Simply follow the steps below to complete the application process.
If you have already submitted an application, please click here to request the required documents.
Please Note: Avenues New York will offer beginner level Chinese or Spanish classes for a limited number of spots for Grade 5. Therefore, applicants to this grade do not need prior language experience.
- We offer a variety of events designed to meet the needs of prospective families.
- Introductory Events are held in the evening from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. These events provide an overview of our school, our mission and our vision as well as a vivid insight into our teachers, students and classrooms.
- Divisional Events are also held in the evening and are intended for parents interested in learning more about a specific division.
- Parent Coffees are held in the morning. These events allow parents to engage in discussions with divisional leaders in a smaller group setting.
- Open House will be held on Saturday, October 29. The open house will allow families to meet Avenues teachers, students and parents and to experience classrooms throughout the school.
REGISTER FOR AN EVENT
- To begin your online application and submit all required documents, simply click on the Apply button below.
- Remember to indicate your immersion language preference: Chinese, Spanish or No Preference.
- All applicants to grades 5–12 are required to submit current results from either the Independent School Entrance Exam (ISEE) or the Secondary School Admission Test (SSAT).
- When registering for the test, please use the following school codes:
REGISTER FOR ISEE School Code: 333666
REGISTER FOR SSAT School Code: 1442
- Once you submit the application, the admissions office will send you information to schedule your school visit.
- Applicants for Grades 5–6: Tours of the school building and parent interviews will take place throughout the week and last approximately 90 minutes. Students are welcome but not required to join their parents for this portion of the interview.
- Applicants for Grades 7–12: On the same day as the school tour and parent interview, students are interviewed on a one-on-one basis with an admissions associate. These appointments last approximately two hours.
Avenues has developed a small-group, project-based classroom experience guided by our faculty. These appointments last one hour and take place on Saturdays throughout the fall. The admissions team will reach out to you to schedule your child’s assessment once you submit an application.
- All teacher recommendation forms are available once you submit an application. The form may be submitted online directly to your current teachers.
- All applicants must submit an English, Math and World Language (if applicable) Teacher Recommendation.
- Please encourage your teachers to submit the forms electronically.
- The transcript release form is available once you submit an application. The form may be submitted online directly to your current school.
- The admissions office will send frequent email communications regarding the status of your application.