We are excited by your interest in Avenues. Simply follow the steps below to complete the application process.
Our admissions application for September 2018 entry will be available on September 1.
If you have already submitted an application, please click here to request the required documents.
Please Note: Prospective students applying to grades two through four must already have attained proficiency in either Chinese or Spanish. Children will be assessed one-on-one in English and in either Spanish or Chinese.
- We offer a variety of events designed to meet the needs of prospective families.
- Introductory Events are held in the evening from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. These events provide an overview of our school, our mission and our vision as well as a vivid insight into our teachers, students and classrooms.
- Parent Coffees are held in the morning. These events allow parents to engage in discussions with divisional leaders in a smaller group setting.
REGISTER FOR AN EVENT
- To begin your online application and submit all required documents, simply click on the Apply button below.
- Remember to indicate your immersion language preference: Chinese or Spanish.
- Families applying for grades 2 through 4 must submit results of the Early Childhood Admissions Assessment (ECAA) administered by ERB.
REGISTER FOR THE ECAA
- Once you submit the application, the admissions office will send you information to schedule your parent conversation and student assessment. These appointments last approximately two hours.
- Parent Conversation: A 30–40 minute conversation designed to allow you to learn more about Avenues and to answer questions specific to your child.
- Student Assessment: The student assessment will include math, reading and writing (English). Students will also be assessed in Chinese or Spanish (based on the immersion choice of the family).
- The report form is available once you submit an application. The form may be submitted online directly to the current teacher or school director.
- Only official reports submitted directly from the school to the Avenues admissions office will be accepted.
- Avenues also accepts the ISAAGNY School Report.
- The transcript release form is available once you submit an application. The form may be submitted online directly to your current school.
- The admissions office will send frequent email communications regarding the status of your application.